As a new or existing Beanbasket client it is important for you to know how to best obtain support for your store. Support includes not only questions about how something in Beanbasket works, but also includes requests for additional features for your site, etc. The information below outlines the options available to you as well as the processes for how those options work.
Requests for Help or Enhancements
In an enhancement request is submitted, and we determine that the enhancement is going to take two hours or less, Beanbasket will perform the work without obtaining futher approval. Why is this? The overhead of requiring a formal approval for efforts smaller than this end up consuming at least that amount of time. This way we can cut out the busywork and provide the benefit in a shorter calendar timeframe. The other byproduct of estimating for everything is that we are then tasked with providing estimates to numerous requests, whether they get approved or not. Spending time providing estimates that don't get approval only serves to lower the quality of service for everyone, as it keeps out staff busy without providing a means for doing approved work.
The most productive means of obtaining support for your ongoing business is to obtain a Support Plan. Support Plans are a bilateral commitment between Beanbasket and you, our client, to provide a guaranteed (and priority) amount of time each month in which you can obtain additional Beanbasket services, such as for site enhancements or consulting services.
All Beanbasket clients should read our Support Plan information for a greater undestanding of this process and expectations. We have the following resources available for your reference:
Communicating with Support
Beanbasket has selected Jira as the tool for Help Desk ticket management. Jira provides us with four distinct benefits:
- » Allows Beanbasket staff and client's to see and work from the same issue list.
- » Acts as an information repository so that any notes regarding feature requests or bug reports are collected in one location for technical resolution and future refererence.
- » Allows Beanbasket to have one, consolidated location and view for managing all efforts across all clients.
- » Provides a workflow for clients to request and receive services.
A tool alone does not make for a successful Support strategy. Support processes need to be in place for everyone to get the maximum benefit of such a Help Desk System. It is with this in mind that we have the following Support procedures and resources, which will benefit both Beanbasket and our clients:
- » Support will not respond to requests submitted via e-mail to email@example.com. All Support requests will need to be submitted via the Help Desk ticketing system. This includes features requests, enhancement requests, questions, and bug reports. We are currently working on getting all of our client's setup with a Beanbasket Help Desk account. If you need to submit a ticket, but are not yet aware of your Help Desk account, please call Support at (920) 954-0807, option 1.
- » Any phone call into Support or Live Chat session with Support will result in a ticket being created.
- » Only one issue is to be submitted per ticket. Submitting multiple issues under one ticket negates part of the benefit of using a ticketing system (does not allow us to differentiate between elements of a request that can be handled quickly and those that will take additional time). Multiple issues under one ticket slows down the process of routing tickets to the correct teams for timely resolution.
- » Include as much detail as possible in each ticket. This will reduce the amount of time required and help ensure that we are actually working on the correct issue.
- » When creating a ticket, or reviewing your open ticket list, please ensure that the rank assigned to each ticket is truly representative of it's importance to you and your organization relative to the rest of your tickets.
- » Once an enhancement ticket has been completed, we require approval of the change in your QA (Quality Assurance) environment prior to moving to your production store. A timely response for the approval allows us to keep your QA and production environments in sync, as well as adding efficiencies in how quickly we can move onto other requests. Please note that development efforts that have been completed, but have not received a response for a requested approval, will get billed in the next billing cycle. Tickets resolved without response within ten days will be closed, any unbilled time will be billed, and nothing will be moved to production.
- » Please reference our Help Desk Users Guide.
- » Link to Help Desk.